Disability Awareness & Equity Workshop | Lismore 22 Oct
This FREE Disability Awareness & Equity Training workshop is all about helping you and your team improve how you connect with and support artists, arts workers and audiences with disability or who are Deaf.
- Discover practical solutions for making your programs, services and infrastructure more accessible
- Learn about best practice for customer service, language and etiquette
- Receive useful resources
Workshop Duration: 3 hours
- Key disability legislation and government bodies, including the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the Disability Inclusion Act 2014
- Creative solutions to delivering inclusive and accessible arts and culture programs
- Identifying and mitigating access barriers
- Inclusive communication skills and policies
At these workshops you will have the opportunity to collaborate and learn from our skilled facilitators and a diverse network of course participants.
- Arts and cultural organisations
- Festivals and venues
- NFPs and government agencies
We support many of Australia’s leading arts organisations so we understand the challenges and opportunities which affect your business. Organisations we train include: Art Gallery of NSW, Blacktown Arts Centre, Musica Viva, Sydney Film Festival, Sydney Festival, Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences, Australian Chamber Orchestra, Museum of Contemporary Art, Kaldor Public Art Projects.
Disability Awareness & Equity Training Workshop | Lismore 22 Oct
- Tuesday 22 October
- 12:30pm – 3:30pm
- Northern Rivers Performing Arts Inc (NORPA)
- 1 Bounty Street, Lismore, NSW, 2480
REGISTER NOW: https://daetworkshoplismore.eventbrite.com.au
RSVP: Please register by Monday 21 October 2019 so we can meet the access requirements of participants.
This is an Auslan Accessible event.
Please advise any access requirements when registering.
For more information or to specify any access requirements to attend this event please contact Riona Tindal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proudly supported by NORPA
About Accessible Arts
Accessible Arts is NSW’s peak arts and disability organisation, and we work to make arts, culture and events more accessible for the 20% of Australians who live with disability or who are Deaf.