Supported Studios from around the world
Supported Studio Network
The Supported Studio Network (SSN) is a national body that builds capacity, provides resources and strengthens connections to sustain diverse supported studio models.
What is a Supported Studio?
- A supported studio is a sustained creative environment that fosters and supports the individual practice of visual artists with disability
- Facilitate professional development and career building opportunities for artists (both individually and as a collective)
- Provide technical artistic support
- Promote artists in the marketplace, networks and audiences outside the disability sector
- Demonstrate a commitment to producing and presenting work of high artistic quality
Objectives of the Network:
- Strengthen supported studios through research and information sharing
- Promote the artistic contribution of supported studios and their artists as fundamental to contemporary arts culture
- Respond to the development needs and growth of supported studios
- Advocate for the recognition of artistic value of supported studios within the broader arts community
- Foster pathways of leadership for people with disability within supported studios, the Supported Studio Network and broader arts sector