Disability Awareness and Equity Training
2020 Workshop Dates
Wednesday 19 February | Register Now
Wednesday 1 April | Register Now
Wednesday 17 June | Register Now
Wednesday 12 August | Register Now
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Time: 10am – 12:30pm
Duration: 2.5 hours
Cost: $110 + GST
About Our Workshops
Our Disability Awareness and Equity Training workshops are all about helping you and your team improve how you connect with and support people with disability or who are Deaf.
- Discover practical solutions for making your organisation disability confident
- Receive useful resources
- Learn from trainers who are arts experts and who live with disability
- Come to our standard workshop or book a bespoke in-house session
The training covers:
- Key disability legislation and government bodies, including the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the Disability Inclusion Act 2014
- Creative solutions to delivering inclusive and accessible arts and culture programs
- Identifying and mitigating access barriers
- Best practice for customer service, language and etiquette
- Inclusive communication skills and policies
Where & When
We have bi-monthly workshops at our offices at The Rocks in Sydney which are open to everyone. Places are limited to 20. See above for dates and booking link.
Alternatively, we can tailor a workshop and come to you. We can design, create and deliver in-house training for your organisation at any time. The workshop can be conducted at a venue of your choice in Sydney or regionally, or at our offices at The Rocks in Sydney.
Why Choose Us
Arts Specific: We’re experts in arts, culture and disability with over 33 years of experience in helping organisations improve their accessibility, so we understand the challenges and opportunities which arts organisations encounter.
Disability Led: Our trainers have lived experience of disability which provides an authentic edge that makes a world of difference.
Cost Effective: We understand the budget constraints under which many arts organisations operate, so we ensure our prices are the most competitive in the market.
Who We Work With
Our workshops are suitable for:
- Arts and cultural organisations
- Festivals and venues
- Not-for-profit and government agencies
Every year we train up 1000 people from big organisations and venues right through to local government teams and small independent operators. Our training clients include:
- Sydney Opera House | Art Gallery of NSW | Blacktown Arts Centre |Musica Viva
- Sydney Film Festival | Sydney Festival | Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences
- Museum of Contemporary Art | Biennale of Sydney | City of Sydney | Inner West Council | Georges River Council
Below are some testimonials from workshop participants:
- “The training was engaging and helped our company learn more ways to improve and expand accessibility, both within our team and with what our festival offers to the community.”
- “I love that the training is done by people with disability. The first-person perspective is invaluable.”
- “A fabulous session which has made being disability confident much more achievable! Thank you so much – really appreciate your expertise.”
- “Thank you for providing this session. I am determined now to make some important changes within my organisation.”
- “The training really opened our eyes to how we can improve in areas we didn’t even realise needed improving. Thank you!”
- “It was great to get a much better understanding of how to engage respectfully and appropriately with people with disability.”
Find Out More
If you have any questions or need help with making a booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02 9251 6499.