Disability Inclusion Training: October Session
Accessible Arts Disability Inclusion Training provides important skills to enable you to better develop an inclusive workplace and cultural venue. Our training team includes people with a lived experience of disability and arts practice. It provides practical solutions, an understanding of the current legislative frameworks around disability inclusion, and is delivered in an engaging two-hour workshop.
Can I book now?
Yes, if you would like to book for the upcoming session of Disability Inclusion Training on Wednesday 3 October, visit here.
Why train with Accessible Arts?
We have over thirty years of working at the intersection of arts and disability. As a result, we have a strong understanding of organisational culture and the needs of people with disability. We offer a safe and engaging environment for interaction and learning.
Who is this training for?
• Service and frontline staff
• Cultural advisors
• Creative practitioners
• Policy makers
What does the training cover?
• Legislative frameworks for disability inclusion within Australian society
• Common barriers experienced by people with disability
• Solutions to increase access for people with disability
• Best practice models of programs and services
• Best practice customer service
What will be the learning outcomes?
• A greater awareness and understanding of disability within Australian society
• The value of inclusive behaviours and attitudes and how to implement them
• Greater confidence in providing inclusive customer service
• Recognition of the importance of providing access within a physical, programming and information context
Are there any other benefits?
• Chance to network
• Staff development
• Share from and learn with others in the training
• Potential collaboration and partnership opportunities
Who has recently trained with Accessible Arts?
• Musica Viva
• Museum of Contemporary Art
• Sydney Film Festival
• Sydney Festival
• Dirty Feet
What have people said about recent training sessions?
• “Very well structured and illuminating, left with a completely re-defined view of disability and our approach to it.”
• “Very informative. Well structured, with both general information and specific suggestions. Great session! Really helpful. Thank you.”
• “Thanks for taking the time and being patient with us – lots of work to do at my organisation.”
What about access to this Disability Inclusion Training session?
Let us know what your access needs are when you book and we will do our best to accommodate you. If we need to discuss anything, we will contact you.
What are the details?
This training takes place on Wednesday 3 October from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm at The Arts Exchange, 10 Hickson Road, The Rocks, Sydney. Tickets are between $90 and $100.
How do I book for this Disability Inclusion Training session?
You can book via Eventbrite by visiting here.
Feature photo: Liz Martin in a training session
This page was first published on 18 September 2018.
10 Hickson Road
The Rocks, Sydney 2000