Amplify your art is a professional development grant program for NSW artists with disability. The Amplify your art program is designed to assist individual artists in all art forms to further their practice through undertaking professional development. Grants will be awarded for amounts of between $5,000 and $10,000 for the costs associated with developing an artist’s professional practice. Costs can include training, mentoring, travel and skills development. Applicants from regional and remote NSW are particularly encouraged to apply…that means you!
Amplify your art is a devolved funding program administered by Accessible Arts on behalf of the NSW Government through Arts NSW and Ageing, Disability and Home Care.
Applications open: Friday 11 October 2013 9:00am
Applications close: Wednesday 18 December 2013 6:00pm
Recipients Announced: February 2014
Professional Development Day: Thursday 6 March 2014
Professional development opportunities will be undertaken by recipients between March and December 2014.
All professional art forms such as Dance, Music, Theatre, Visual Arts, Writing, Hybrid/Interdisciplinary Arts, Screen Arts and Multi Media.
To apply you must:
- Identify as an artist with a disability
- Be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- Be a NSW resident (defined as being a resident for at least 12 months prior to making an application)
- Demonstrate a minimum 3-year professional arts practice
- Be able to undertake your professional development between March and December 2014
- Have not previously recieved an Amplify your art grant
Applications will be ranked against the following criteria:
- Artistic quality of the applicant’s proposed program
- Demonstrated benefit of the professional development program to the applicant’s career development/professional practice
- Appropriateness of the program partners
- Good planning and effective use of resources
- Apply online at Smartygrants aarts.smartygrants.com.au/amplify2013
- Frequently Asked Questions
For more information
Applicants are encouraged to discuss their professional development program and any access needs with the Accessible Arts, Arts Development team prior to submitting their application.
Amplify your art Project Manager Sarah-Vyne Vassallo, Arts Development Officer, tel: 02 9251 6499 ext 110 (Wednesday and Thursday) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Arts Development Officer, Josie Cavallaro tel: 02 9251 6499 ext 105 (Monday – Wednesday) or email@example.com
Chief Executive Officer, Sancha Donald tel: 02 9251 6499 ext 102 (Friday) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hey, like this post? Why not share it!Tweet